Mayur DRI and Steel is pioneering the future development of a vertically integrated iron and steel industry with low cost captive upstream raw materials and downstream processing and production facilities in PNG.
– Strategic ‘first mover’ vertical integration (coal and iron) opportunity
– Unlocking low raw material input costs
– Cheap power source – captive coal (owned) and proximity to major gas projects
– Various technology options (proven and new DRI and steel processes)
– Preliminary studies complete with technology providers (China/India/Europe)
– Government support to value add via vertical integration