Copper and Gold
Leveraging PNG’s status as one of the worlds most prolific copper and gold precincts.
Mayur is developing a highly prospective gold and copper exploration portfolio in Papua New Guinea with significant value uplift potential.
- Proven geology and address – in the Pacific rim;
- Compelling geology associated with porphyry systems, volcanic arcs and crater hosted mineralisation;
- Three ELs in under-explored copper-gold provinces.
- Island location with in the highly prospective Lihir volcanic arc situated between Lihir and Bouganville;
- 650,000 Oz ‘peripheral gold cap’ (JORC Resource – Inferred). Also copper porphyry potential at Feni with the potential feeder system/source of the gold yet to be discovered;
- Feni – Kabang project (EL 2096) offering ‘Lihir style’ gold potential;
- Mayur believes thus far only the peripheral ‘halo’ style mineralisation has been drilled at Feni – diamond drill programme has been proposed to locate the feeder system.
- Island location hosted within the famous Owen Stanley fold belt;
- Multi-phase porphyry system, Cu & Au defined in two separate zones;
- Historic exploration demonstrated highly prospective Cu & Au anomalies with exploration returning excellent results, including 16.25% Cu (up to 40 % Cu) and 3.92 g/t Au (up to 239 g/t Au) in rock chips. Currently exploration works are being undertaken on this EL under an exclusive arrangement with a large North American operator/developer.
Historic drill core from Feni project (showing gold bearing fluidised hydrothermal breccia)
Copper staining and sericite-epidote alteration at Basilaki
Typical copper rock sample from Sidiea