Mayur’s diversified portfolio comprises a pipeline of exploration and development projects, across industrial minerals, power generation, coal, copper and gold.
Scale and Diversification: To develop a world-class minerals and energy platform with value accretive options.
Cashflow: Focus on projects that have near-term production and cash-flow potential to underpin the company’s longer term growth plans.
Low Cost: Seek to position projects at the bottom of the global cost curve.
Long Term Growth: Pursue sustainable future growth opportunities for all stakeholders.
New Opportunities for Papua New Guinea: Positively contribute to the long term development and nation building of PNG.
Mayur’s strategy recognises the unique and often under-recognised potential of Papua New Guinea. The diverse nature of Mayur’s business is able to leverage the unique aspects of a jurisdiction that is fast emerging as a developing nation on the doorstep of Asia. It is this exciting stage of PNG’s development, coupled with its world-class mineral inventory, that has and will continue to underwrite Mayur’s delivery and execution plans across its portfolio.
PNG benefits from the following:
- Proven mineral potential in one of the most geologically active and prospective regions in the world;
- A well-established mining sector, home to a number of world-class mining developments;
- Supportive governments and a stable legislative environment and policy mechanisms;
- Favourable mining fiscal regimes and competitive tax on income and dividends;
- A mining and petroleum sector that continues to drive the growth story enjoyed by one of Asia’s rapidly emerging economies.