Mayur Resources is committed to the development of economic growth and Nation Building of PNG, creating pathways to local and national prosperity.
A blueprint for sustainable living, providing cheap reliable energy, better infrastructure through our domestic cement and lime project and employment opportunities for the local job market.
Mayur’s strategy is to build and develop a diversified portfolio of resources and energy opportunities in a developing jurisdiction that:
- Is geographically well positioned to take advantage of opportunities in both PNG and the wider Asia region
- Offers protection against the cyclical nature of commodities through vertical integration
- Comprises projects that are positioned in the first quartile of the global cost curve of comparable resource projects
PNG’s strategic location in Asia Pacific
The Company’s tenement and project portfolio in PNG
Scale and Diversification
To develop a world-class minerals and energy platform with value accretive options.
Focus on projects that have near-term production and cash-flow potential to underpin the company’s longer term growth plans.
Seek to position projects at the bottom of the cost curve.
Long Term Growth
Pursue sustainable future growth opportunities for all stakeholders.
New Opportunities for Papua New Guinea
Positively contribute to the long term development and nation building of PNG.
Why Papua New Guinea?
Mayur’s strategy recognises the unique and often under-recognised potential of Papua New Guinea. The diverse nature of Mayur’s business is able to leverage the unique aspects of a jurisdiction that is fast emerging as a developing nation on the doorstep of Asia. It is this exciting stage of PNG’s development, coupled with its world-class mineral inventory, that has and will continue to underwrite Mayur’s delivery and execution plans across its portfolio.
PNG benefits from the following:
- Proven mineral potential in one of the most geologically active and prospective regions in the world;
- A well-established mining sector, home to a number of world-class mining developments;
- Supportive governments and a stable legislative environment and policy mechanisms;
- Favourable mining fiscal regimes and competitive tax on income and dividends;
- A mining and petroleum sector that continues to drive the growth story enjoyed by one of Asia’s fastest-growing economies.